Ambala (Haryana) [India] August 30 (ANI): Haryana's Energy, Transport & Labour Minister, Anil Vij, on Saturday said that the Haryana Government is committed to respecting every section of society and is creating history by implementing new welfare schemes. In this series, a historic step has been taken for the social security and dignity of women by launching the 'Deen Dayal Lado Laxmi Yojana.'
Vij said that the scheme will be formally launched on September 25, 2025, on the birth anniversary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Ji. Under the scheme, eligible women in Haryana will receive monthly financial assistance of Rs. 2,100.
Speaking to media persons at his residence in Ambala Cantonment today, Vij said that this initiative fulfils a key promise made in the State Government's election manifesto.
Vij said, "To ensure transparency and accessibility, beneficiaries will not need to visit any office. An official mobile application will soon be launched on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, allowing applicants to apply directly through their smartphones. After verification, eligible women will start receiving the benefits of the scheme".
Cabinet Minister Vij said, "In the first phase, women with an annual family income of up to Rs. 1 lakh will benefit, covering nearly 20 lakh women across Haryana. In the second phase, the income cap will be expanded to Rs. 1.80 lakh per year to include more beneficiaries".
At his residence in Shastri Colony, Ambala Cantonment, Vij was presented with a portrait by painter Vidushi Tiwari from Kaithal. Appreciating her artwork, the Minister announced a contribution of Rs. 21,000 from his discretionary fund as encouragement. Vidushi Tiwari informed that she has created more than 70 artworks across private restaurants, depicting cultural themes from Haryana as well as other states.
The Minister explained that the scheme will provide Rs. 2,100 every month to eligible women who are either married or unmarried and aged 23 years or above as of September 25, 2025.
On Friday, Cabinet Minister Anil Vij inspected the rising water level of the Tangri River in Ambala Cantonment and directed the district administration to issue announcements urging residents living in the river area to relocate to safer locations.
Speaking to the media on the occasion, Anil Vij said that heavy rainfall in the hills had brought a surge of water into Tangri river.
"Today, more than 30,000 cusecs of water is flowing in the river, which is far above normal levels. Before the monsoon season started, dredging work had been carried out to deepen the riverbed, but due to some obstructions, only 25 percent of the work could be completed. The remaining work will be done after the monsoon season," Vij told reporters here.
Vij also informed that the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) had been deployed at Ambala Cantonment for safety, further stating that boats had also been requisitioned for any emergencies. (ANI)
You may also like
Egypt train derails: At least 3 killed, 94 injured; 30 ambulances deployed to transfer injured
PM Modi, Myanmar's Min Aung Hlaing discuss way forward on several aspects of bilateral cooperation
Inside Terry Wogan's home as family struggle to find buyer for huge property
Ex-Man Utd boss Erik ten Hag facing sack after just TWO games at new club
Daily Horoscope - September 01, 2025 (For All Zodiac Signs Today)